Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Workout Secret #1

Since summer is coming quickly and everyone is scrambling to get their bodies into shape, I've decided to let you in on my #1 workout secret: RAP MUSIC.

Stop laughing.

Although I have a wide variety of music on my iPod shuffle, I always find myself skipping through until I find a rap song when I'm at the gym. Whether I'm lifting weights or running on the treadmill, I always need upbeat music to help me stay motivated.

Here's my favorite playlist for cardio days:

"The Way You Make Me Feel" - Michael Jackson
"Yeah" - Usher featuring Ludacris and Lil John
"Grillz" - Nelly featuring Paul Wall
"Get it Poppin'" - Fat Joe featuring Nelly
"U Can't Touch This" - MC Hammer
"Trainwreck" - Mat Kearney
"Hey Ya" - Outkast
"Bringing Sexy Back" - Justin Timberlake

I know those aren't all rap songs, but the ones that aren't rap are definitely catchy. Download the edited versions of your favorite upbeat songs, put them on your iPod, and get your butt to the gym. I guarantee you'll have a more intense and motivated workout.

Oh, and in the words of MC Hammer..."Either work hard or you might as well quit."

1 comment:

Hopeful said...

youre awesome!..this post makes me want to work out! cant wait for Thursday!