Monday, May 19, 2008

Busy Week Ahead...

We have a busy week ahead. Here's an overview (this is more of a reminder for myself than anything else...):
  • Tonight: Aaron is working late and I'm babysitting the crazy Corbett children. When I babysat Ella and Austin this past Thursday, Austin pooped in the bathtub. Chunks and Amy were mortified and said that he's never done that before. That's the 4th time (with 4 different children) it's happened to me. What's the deal? I must be doing something wrong...
  • Tuesday Night: If I have to tell you what happens on Tuesday nights, then you're a loser (um, just kidding). It's American Idol Finale week! My lovely friend Courtney is coming over to watch the final night of performances with me. Tuesday nights with Courtney have become a tradition and I've really enjoyed her company as we watch the performances. Besides, when Courtney comes over, Aaron doesn't give me half as much of a hard time about watching American Idol as he does when she's not there. I don't care which David wins because they're both going to be extremly successful when the season is over.
  • Wednesday night: Aaron and I are joining some friends from our Elevation small group to watch the American Idol results show finale. When Aaron heard that we were attending Kerri and Will's AI Finale party, he whined, "Uhhhhh! Well what are the guys gonna do while the girls watch American Idol?!?" Everyone just looked at him. "We're going to watch, too," the husbands said defeatedly. Sorry, guys. The wives win this time.
  • Thursday night: Our friends Ben and Jessica are joining us at our house for dinner. We haven't really spent any individual time with them since they were married in March, so it'll be nice to catch up with them and find out what's new in their lives.
  • Friday night: We're going to Speed Street Charlotte with some friends. Speed Street transforms the streets of Uptown Charlotte into a showcase of motor sports with non-stop entertainment on three stages, appearances by top Nextel Cup Drivers, dynamic exhibits for all ages and an amazing assembly of NASCAR show cars and simulators (I stole that from the Speed Street website).
  • Saturday: I was supposed to host a Pampered Chef party on Saturday afternoon, but I didn't realize it was Memorial Day weekend (note to self: check the holiday calendar next time you plan a party). Since everyone is going out of town, I decided to cancel the party and have everyone order from the catalog instead. My mom (who lives in Charleston) was planning to show up for the party at my house on Saturday and surprise me with with my aunt and cousin who live in Jacksonville, Florida. I'm so excited that they're still coming to spend time with me this weekend and I'm really looking forward to some family "girl time." My brother is driving up with the ladies to spend some time with Aaron.
  • Sunday: ELEVATION! My Aunt DeeDee and cousin Taylor have never been to Elevation Church, so I'm excited that they'll get to experience it this weekend. I'm just warning you, Hanagriffs...you'll be hooked by the time you leave. I'm just sayin'...

We couldn't squeeze anything else in this week if we tried! I'm excited about the week ahead :)

Oh, and Sam just informed me that "money doesn't grow on trees." I wonder where he learned that...

1 comment:

Hopeful said...

whoa!!! You guys are busy...and then a cook out on Monday!! Layin out by the pool....fun times will be had.