Tuesday, May 13, 2008

New Toby Developments

Toby has been doing and saying so many new things lately. I'll give you a list.
  • Instead of just nodding his head "no," Toby now says "no." And it's usually not just "no." It's "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Yay.
  • He gets his shoes when I ask him to.
  • He knows what phrases like "let's go" and "it's time for lunch" mean.
  • Every morning after breakfast the boys and I go upstairs so I can get them dressed. Sam always goes to the potty while I'm picking out Toby's clothes and I try to get Toby dressed before Sam finishes in the bathroom. Whenever I say, "Come on, Toby. It's time to get dressed," he always darts over to the furthest corner of the upstairs hallway, squats down, and waits for me to come get him. For some reason, he HATES having his diaper and clothes changed. I find it quite strange that he's not used to it after 19 months.
  • He knows what sounds elephants, cats, and dogs make.
  • He's able to play with Sam at the playground without me helping him up the stairs or down the slide. I still follow them around at the playground, but I don't have to be so close. It's fun to watch them interact with each other.
  • The boys usually see Aaron a few times each week. When Aaron and I call each other "Baby," Toby gets so excited. "BABY! BABY!" he screams. Aaron and Allison are really hard names for kids to say. Maybe he'll just call both of us "Baby."

And there you have it...all of the new Toby developments. I can't wait to see what he learns next!

No comments: