Friday, May 9, 2008

I LOVE My Job

I know that oftentimes my blog entries have an undertone of sarcasm and jokiness, but today I'm being serious. I abslutely LOVE my job.

Of course there are bad days every once in a while, but the good ones definitely outweigh the bad ones. Today has been a good day so far.

I don't know if it's the beautiful weather outside, the fact that Toby and I got lots of good bonding time in while Sam was at school this morning, the impending weekend o' fun, or a combination thereof...but today has been one of those days to remember when a bad day rolls around.

After Toby and I dropped Sam off at school this morning, he and I went to the bank and then to pick up a few things from Wal-Mart. I love taking Toby with me to Wal-Mart, Target, or the grocery store because he's always so well-behaved (as long as he's restrained in the buggy). He loves looking at everything in the aisles and babbles constantly. I ask him questions and teach him new words. He waves to everyone who passes by and yells "HIEEEEEEEEE!" And then there are the precious moments when he puckers up and leans in for a kiss (without me having to ask!). Shopping is always good bonding time for us. When I told him we were "all done" shopping today, a look of sadness crossed his face and he yelled, "Mo! Mo! (More! More!)." More shopping??? Liz, are you sure this is your child and not mine?

After going to Wal-Mart, Toby and I ate lunch at Panera. Toby's cute face scored us a free oatmeal-raisin cookie before we even ordered our food. He ate his entire grilled cheese sandwich, a yogurt stick, three-fourths of the oatmeal-raisin cookie (I ate the other fourth!), half of my Turkey Chick Pea Chili & bread (which was amazing, by the way), and drank all of his milk. I don't know how his stomach didn't explode.

After lunch, I strolled Toby around the lake at Freedom Park. Even though there were a bazillion middle school kids everywhere, we still had a good time. We saw geese, ducks, and lots of dogs. The weather was absolutely perfect and the wind blew just enough to keep us cool. I love Spring days.

I feel extremely blessed to have a job that I love. I know what it's like to dread going to work and I'm so thankful I don't have to feel that way anymore. I'm pretty sure I was put on this earth to take care of children...and I'm glad the Lord has helped me realize that.

No comments: