Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Brownilocks

As I was driving Sam home from his last day of 3-year-old preschool today (oh, the sadness!), he told me they read about Goldilocks and the Three Bears at storytime. This is the conversation that followed:

Sam: Mrs. Allison, I wonder why her name is "Goldilocks"...
Me: Her name is Goldilocks because her hair is gold. You know...blond...like yours...
Sam: Ohhh... (I looked in the rear-view mirror to see his eyebrows scrunched together as if his brain was trying to process the very important revelation)
Sam: (after a few seconds of silence) ...So if Goldilocks had brown hair, her name would be "Brownilocks," right?

Ah jeez. Never a dull moment with that child.

Oh, and while we're on the subject of "Goldilocks and the Three Bears," watch this. I'll never forget listening to Aaron's old roommate Julian laugh hysterically at this commerical.

No comments: