Thursday, May 29, 2008

New Addition? WHAT?!

When Liz got home from work this afternoon, I was enjoying a moment of peace and quiet while the boys napped. Liz walked to the kitchen, opened an envelope that had come in the mail this afternoon, and gasped. My curiosity was piqued, but I knew she'd come tell me what it was if it was humorous or odd. Sure enough, 10 seconds later Liz walked to where I was sitting in the front den and read the card aloud:

Dear Mike, Liz, Sam, and Toby - Congratulations on your successes and the new addition to your family!

Enclosed was a generous gift card to Baby Gap.

As far as I know, I'm the only addition the Waller family has seen in the past 9 months. My jaw dropped. Did I miss something?? Surely they wouldn't forget to clue the Nanny in on such glorious/important/life-changing news!

Liz laughed and said, "This is news to me! I wonder what she knows that I don't...".

I'd be more than happy if the Wallers were adding another munchkin to the bunch...but I think they've decided that 2 is enough (**Pssssst! Liz! It's not too late to change your mind!**).

No comments: