Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving

Liz and Sam had a conversation about Thanksgiving this morning while I was making Pancakes for the boys. Here's how it went:

Liz: Sam, where are we going tonight?
Sam: To see Grandma Dianne and Grandpa Dan!
Liz: And what day is tomorrow?
Sam: THANKSGIVING!
Liz: And what is Thanksgiving all about?
Sam: Eating food and going to people's houses where we don't live and singing the Thanksgiving Song!
Liz: Well, yes...but Thanksgiving is also about taking time out to give thanks for everything and everyone in our lives.
Sam: It's not good for us to take a time out.
Liz: Not that kind of time out...

Aaron and I are going to Charleston this afternoon to spend Thanksgiving with my family. We haven't seen my parents in a few months - so we're looking forward to spending the holiday with them. I LOVE Thanksgiving because I get to cook and bake with my mom, see all of my family that I haven't seen all year, and eat INCREDIBLE food. Perhaps the part of Thanksgiving I'm looking forward to most this year is spending it with my husband :) We've never been able to spend Thanksgiving day or Christmas day together because we've been with our parents...but now we're our own family...and we'll never have to spend another holiday apart.

Here are a few things I'm thankful for this year:
  • Aaron
  • God's guidance in our lives
  • Pastor Steven Furtick and Elevation Church (and our awesome small-group)
  • Wonderful parents (and in-laws!)
  • Our cat, Hobbes :)
  • Great friends
  • A heart of generosity
  • A wonderful job!
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone! I hope tomorrow finds you safe and happy with your family and friends :)

No comments: