Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving with the Alexanders

Our trip to Charleston for Thanksgiving was short...but sweet :) We spent most of yesterday with extended family that we haven't seen in a while (well...since the wedding!).

I'd have to say that the most entertaining guest we had at the house yesterday was my 3-year-old cousin, Hayes. He has a "thing" for ladies. And by "thing," I mean doesn't want to play with anyone but a female. I don't get to see him all that much anymore because Aaron and I live in Rock Hill, but he spends quite a bit of time with my mom, Rhonda (Ant Rona), and my brother's girlfriend, Tiffany. My brother was sitting on Tiffany's lap yesterday and Hayes wanted her to go in "da ba-yad" (the backyard) and "pway foobaw" (play football) with him. My brother pretended to be sleeping...so Hayes pulled on his arm and said, "Moo, boy!" (move, boy). We cracked up every 30 seconds at something silly he would say.

At one point, I walked outside where Bryn, Tiffany, and Hayes were throwing the baseball and Bryn kept saying, "What?...What?" Evidently Hayes was trying to tell Bryn something and Bryn couldn't understand him. Hayes repeated himself again and I understood what he was saying the first time. "My baebaw bat at gwanday howse, Brwn!"

"His baseball bat is at Granddaddy's house, Bryn!" I said. "Oh," he replied. "You're good." I should be...with 10 years of experience in translating toddler talk.

Aaron is working today...and I'm off. While I'm grateful for the break, I wish Aaron could be off today too. I had lunch (Thanksgiving leftovers!) with him a little while ago and he mentioned something about going on a date to see a movie tonight. That means I need to get a little nap in before he gets home so I can stay awake in the theater (it's a long story...another blog entirely).

Even though Thanksgiving is over and you're probably sick of Pumkin stuff, my next post will be the recipe for Pineapple Pumpkin Bread. It's Paula Deen's recipe...and it rocks.

No comments: