Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Results of the Cleaning Spree...

I know you're all wondering: How did the cleaning spree go?

It took ALL DAY...but it went wonderfully! Aaron and I woke up at 10am on Saturday, I made breakfast (cinnamon rolls!), and then the organizing began. We started with doing 8 (that's right, 8) loads of laundry at the clubhouse. Then we organized the living room (where the rest of our wedding gifts were piled), moved to our bedroom, and finally tackled the dreaded guest room. I actually had more stuff in boxes in the apartment than I thought I did. Oops.

From the start of the day, I was on a mission to organize. Aaron was on a mission, however, to help me "relax" by playing with everything we were supposed to be organizing. Among the many interesting things we found while cleaning were about a bazillion unused water balloons from Aaron's crazy college days. He took 2 of the "water bombs," filled them up, and drug me outside to play. That's one of the many reasons why we're so great for each other. He's really good at reminding me that life doesn't always have to be so serious and I don't always have to be on a mission of some sort. I love you, Seet Pea.

Aaron did a great job at throwing away unnecessary boxes (with some encouragement from me) and we were able to free up a lot of space. We also hung some art on the walls - so the apartment feels a little more like home how. We're still pretty cramped in a 2-bedroom apartment...but we'll have to make it work for a little while longer.

Aaron and I had a wonderful time with Bryn and Tiffany this weekend! We went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner on Saturday night and Elevation on Sunday...but didn't do much else. It was probably good for all of us to take some time to rest since none of us seem to do much of that anymore.

Here's a picture of Bryn and Aaron dueling at the Sharper Image store on Saturday night while we were waiting for our table at the Cheesecake Factory:

No comments: