Thursday, November 8, 2007

Fire and Whining

If you haven't checked out "Sam's Thanksgiving Song" from yesterday's blog, you MUST see it! I was having some problems getting it to play yesterday and last night...but it seems to be up and running as of this morning. Let me know what you think!

You'll never believe what I saw on my way to work this morning. I was sitting at a red light on Celanese Road in Rock Hill (sipping my Spiced Chai Tea) when all of a sudden I heard what sounded like an explosion. It wasn't a huge explosion, but I definitely felt my car move. Then I smelled something burning. As I looked around trying to figure out what was repeatedly exploding, I noticed that the truck in front of me was spewing flames from its underside. It was one of those white pickup trucks that spelled "Reading" on the tailgate and it had shovels and rakes and stuff in the back. I kinda started freaking out...and I don't think anyone else could see the flames. It looked like he had a blow torch under the truck. The flames would burst out from underneath, roar for 5 to 10 seconds or so, and then go away. We sat at the stoplight for about 2 minutes and the flames kept coming and going...and they lasted longer and longer each time. I was convinced that the truck was going to burst into flames and I would be trapped in my car to die at the mercy of one of my greatest fears: fire. By the time the light turned green, there was black smoke everywhere. And the guy in the truck was just as calm as a cucumber. I wanted to drive up next to him and let him know that his truck might explode at any moment, but I couldn't catch up to him. I hope he's okay.

On another note, Toby is becoming such a big boy! He has changed tremendously in the past 2 months and it's fun to watch him grow. It's not fun, however, to listen to him whine. I don't know if it's because he may be teething, just wants attention 24/7, or if it's a stage he's going through. It's probably all 3. Hopefully the whining will cease soon...because he's liable to drive me nuts if it doesn't.

Our friends Ben and Jessica are getting married 4 months from today! I took their engagement pictures (with the help of the wonderful Sean Lyon) last week. Check it out:

Check out the rest of their engagement photos at Lyonpictures.com (the password is "Hamilton"). Enjoy!

No comments: