Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Little Alone Time...

I found a moment to escape from the guys this morning.

This is the first time I've been by myself in 4 days and I'm soaking it up. 

I'm sitting outside at Bagels By the Sea with a cup of coffee, Sean's laptop, and an internet connection. I'm as happy as a razor clam. That's a local favorite.

On my walk to the bagel shop this morning, I took a minute to call Sam and Toby. I miss them like crazy! Sam told me all about his upcoming trip to Iowa this afternoon (Mike and the boys are going to visit Mike's parents while I'm away) and Toby babbled a bit. I think Toby was more interested in the cell phone than talking to me.

Mike said that it was a good week for me to be on vacation. Between the large amounts of rain Charlotte has received in the past few days and the death of Sam's beta fish, it's been a not-so-great week. Rest in peace, Amy the blue boy fish.

Today we're driving down the Oregon coast in search of more adventures. Hopefully we'll end up in Eugene at Sean's mom's house tonight. Tomorrow is our big hike on Mt. Thielsen, so I'll post again on Friday. 

If you have a moment, please pray that we have a safe trip up and down the mountain tomorrow. I hear it's a pretty tough hike to the top of Mt. Thielsen...

No comments: