Monday, August 18, 2008

A Vacation for Hobbes

My wonderful parents came to stay with Aaron and me this past weekend.

We went hiking at Anne Springs Close Greenway, shopped, watched a lot of the Olympics, and went to Elevation on Sunday. When Mama and Daddy left to go back to Charleston yesterday afternoon, we sent Hobbes with them.

Instead of leaving Hobbes at home by himself and asking our neighbors to take care of him for 10 days while we're gone to Oregon, Aaron and I agreed that a little vacation to Charleston would be good for Hobbes. He loves going to my parents' house because he has 3 other cats and a dog to play with (uh, terrorize might be a better word) and a big house to roam. I was sad to ship him off, but I know he's better off at my parents' house while we're gone. He'll come back completely spoiled, I'm sure.

Just like any good "mom" would, I prepared a folder containing all of Hobbes' medical history and shots records (just in case he needs to see a vet while he's away), more than enough food to last him for the month he'll be gone, an extra dose of flea medicine, and a bag with some toys and his hairbrush. Aaron said I was very thorough. I don't know if he meant for that to be a compliment or not...

Here are some photos of our kitty in the car getting ready to start his vacation:

Hobbes loves riding in the car. He also loves "Mama Rhonda" :)


Ready to go!


Sniffing the great outdoors :)

No comments: