Wednesday, August 6, 2008

I Really Do Want My Own Children...SOMEDAY...

After visiting the playground at Springfield Elementary School in Fort Mill this morning, the boys and I went back to my house to cool off and eat lunch. While the boys ate lunch at the dining room table, I took advantage of a free (and quiet) moment to load the dishwasher and clean the kitchen.

Sam: Mrs. Allison?
Me: Yes?
Sam: Are you and Mr. Aaron having a baby soon?

WHOA. TIME OUT. I know I've gained a tad bit of weight in the past few weeks, but do I look pregnant???

Me: Uhhhh...no. Why would you think Mr. Aaron and I might be having a baby soon?
Sam: Oh, just that baby seat over there. I thought you might be getting ready to bring home a baby.

AHHHH. The baby seat. A generous hand-me-down from the Lyons. Sean and Tonia wanted to get rid of the baby stuff that Asher is too big for now...so I offered to take it off their hands for future use. I forgot that we hadn't put it away in the attick yet.

Me: Oh, that used to be Cooper and Asher's baby seat. Mr. Aaron and I are keeping it until we decide to have a baby of our own.
Sam: Oh. Well, I wish you would have a baby of your own soon. Wouldn't that be so much fun?!

I think my husband has been bribing Sam with marshmallows. Hmmmm...

No comments: