Friday, June 27, 2008

Watch Out, Friends

There's a fabulous new baking magazine on the shelves...and it's titled "Paula Deen's Chocolate Celebration." That's right. An entire magazine devoted to magnificent chocolate desserts (my dream come true!).


For those of you who don't know, I'm a bona fide self-proclaimed bakeaholic. Other than helping to raise other people's children, baking is my favorite pastime. If I wasn't a nanny, I'd open my own bakery (and Aaron's co-workers would keep me in business).

Anyway, back to the magazine. I got so hungry while reading through the recipes earlier that I had to take a break for a snack. A chocolate snack.

When I get a new recipe book or baking magazine, I usually pick out five of the most interesting recipes, bake them, taste a bit of each (to decide if the recipe is a 'keeper'), and give the rest away to friends. I love blessing others with yummy baked goods (and besides...if I kept the food at my house I'd eat it all and ruin my girlish figure).

Watch out, friends. The baking of new recipes begins tonight...and you just might be lucky enough to reap the benefits of my bakeaholism.

3 comments:

Because of Love said...

If you ever want to start that bakery, give me a call. I will be your partner. I love to bake too! It is in our marriage vows that I will bake something for Josh once a week.

Hopeful said...

yay! i love when you find new recipes!! i can be your taste tester!! :) love you dearly!

Dee Dee Hanagriff said...

I have that same issue!!!