Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!


I have the coolest dad EVER.

My dad has been in the fire service for more than 25 years. When I was in elementary school, Daddy used to bring his fire truck, firemen, and "Rookie" (the fire station's dalmation) to visit my class during "Fire Prevention Week." My classmates raved about how cool my dad was...but through the years, I would learn that he was cool for so many more reasons than simply coming to share his profession with my friends at school.

Daddy has led my family in loving the Lord. He disciplined me when I needed it. He has always been there for me and supported me - no matter what. He pushed me to do my best in school. He always strives to do better and be better which has resulted in a wonderful example for my family and me to follow. He puts others before himself.

When I was little, Daddy would ask me the same question every night before he tucked me into bed and kissed me goodnight: "What do you call a bug that walks backwards?"

"A doodle bug!" I'd say.

"You're my Doodle Bug," he'd say.

I'll always be your Doodle Bug, Daddy.

No comments: