Thursday, June 12, 2008

Starbucks Coffee and A Loving Husband

I woke up with a sore throat yesterday morning. I thought it was just allergies...but I think I was wrong. When I arrived at work yesterday, Mike told me that Liz had the same symptoms I had. The Wallers and I share everything...even germs.

I began feeling progressively worse as the day went on, and by the time bedtime rolled around last night I was an achy, whiny mess.

I would like to shout from the top of a mountain that I have the best husband ever. Not only was Aaron patient with me as I whined about my sore throat, headache, cough, and achy ears, but he tried his best to make me feel better. He made me chyrsanthamum tea for my sore throat (and made it so hot that he had to bring it to me with an oven mitt). He offered to go to the grocery store at 11pm to get me some medicine. He got out of bed in the middle of the night to get me a cup of cold water from the refrigerator. My husband rocks.

I still feel pretty yucky, but I made it to work today. On my way in, I stopped by Starbucks to pick up a Skinny Vanilla Latte to soothe my sore throat. The lady at the register told me I looked sick. Thanks. That's just what I needed to hear.

There's nothing that a loving husband and Starbucks coffee can't heal. I'm looking forward to feeling better today.

(P.S. - Uncle Eric: Sam is walking around the house "talking to you" on Liz's old, dead cell phone. It's the cutest thing. He's telling you that he woke up really early this morning and can't watch TV yet because he hasn't changed out of his pajamas. Evidently, you're talking to him because he keeps saying, "yeah....yeah..." And his classic exit: "OK. Love you. Bye Bye!")

No comments: