Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?

Aaron and I occasionally like to watch the show "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader" together. I usually get most of the history and english questions right and he's the Master of the math and science questions.


Aaron sent me an e-mail the other day containing a 5th Grade math question from the show. He says he got the answer in 20 seconds (and I totally believe him). Aaron is a GENIUS when it comes to math.


Math makes me want to hurl. Perhaps that's why it took me 20 minutes to figure out this 5th grade math problem. Whatever. I got the right answer in the end. Let's see if you can get the right answer, too.


A) There are 7 girls in a bus.
B) Each girl has 7 backpacks.
C) In each backpack, there are 7 big cats.
D) For every big cat there are 7 little cats.


How many legs are there on the bus?


* This is not a trick question...so don't say that a bus doesn't have legs. The bus driver is not part of the equation.


Let me know what number you come up with! I'll post the answer in a few days.

1 comment:

Dee Dee Hanagriff said...

I got it!!! The correct answer is 10,990, got it in about 5 minutes with the help of my handy dandy calculator. Let me know if I am smarter than a 5th grader please.