Monday, June 23, 2008

Hewwo?

I called Aaron earlier to remind him that I'm helping Sean with a photo shoot in Uptown Charlotte after work this evening. While we were talking about what I'm going to make for dinner when I get home, Toby reached out for the phone...so I put it up to his ear.

Toby cocked his head to the side, scrunched his eyebrows together and said, "Hewwo? HEWWO????" When Aaron started talking to him, Toby replied, "Uh huuuuh...Uh huuuuuh..."

Then Sam wanted a turn to talk to Mr. Aaron. He told Aaron about his new haircut and the Backyardigans....and he would have continued talking for 30 more minutes if Aaron hadn't stopped him. Evidently he had to go back to answering the phonecalls of those poor souls at Sunbelt Rentals stores nationwide who don't know why their printers and computers aren't working. Hmmm.

I know it probably sounds silly, but knowing that the boys love Aaron (almost) as much as they love me makes it feel like they truly are a part of our family. I can't imagine our lives without the boys in it.

The next time you're frustrated or sad, just imagine an almost-two-year-old saying, "Hewwo??"

No comments: