Thursday, January 31, 2008

Duh

I think the most annoying part of moving is not knowing where anything is.

Well, it's not that I don't know where my stuff is. I know it's all in boxes. The annoying part is not knowing which box it's in.

For example, last night I wanted to find a spoon to eat some soup that Aaron and I had bought for dinner. Perhaps I should have labeled the 328 boxes of stuff from the kitchen a little more descriptively than just "kitchen." Dang it.

After struggling to remove the packing tape from the top of approximately 7 of the 328 boxes labeled "kitchen," I gave up on finding a spoon and settled for an ice cream scoop. Yep. I ate soup with an ice cream scoop. That rhymes.

Here's the moral of the story: When you move, label what's in the box - not just where it goes. Duh.

No comments: