Friday, February 1, 2008

Take A Break

Aaron and I are such rebels.

We decided not to do any work on the house last night. Zero.

We had all these grand plans of clearing out the apartment, finishing the trim in the kitchen, and putting all of our kitchen stuff in its new place.

Instead of following through with our rigid plans, we went on a date to Captain Steve's seafood restaurant (2 tenths of a mile from our house) and went to bed really early. Aaron and I had awesome food, great conversation, and a chance to finally relax and think about something other than work and moving. It was marvelous.

Sometimes you just need a break - no matter how much you think you need to keep going.

On a different note - I definitely DO NOT need a break when it comes to exercising. I worked out like a maniac all through college and for the 5 months leading up to my wedding. As soon as we said "I do," however, my desire to exercise went out the window. I haven't had a good workout in 4 months - and it's killing me. I'm ready to start working out again.

My membership at OMNI expired 2 months ago, so now I need to find a new gym. I don't want to spend tons of money every month, but I do want a clean facility with state-of-the-art equipment and great cardio classes. Let the search begin...

No comments: