Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Anytime Fitness

I am officially an active member of a fitness center again! I visited Anytime Fitness in Fort Mill yesterday after work and was extremely impressed by:
  1. The facility. All of their equipment is top-of-the-line and brand new. Every cardio machine is equipped with an individual TV screen and headphone jack so I can watch any channel I want. Everything is kept extremely clean and sanitary.
  2. The staff. The owners of the Anytime Fitness franchise in Fort Mill are a father and son team. They were very kind, helpful, and didn't harass me with a sales pitch (which is one of my biggest pet peeves EVER). They even gave me a promotion that expired last Friday: one free month added to my 12 month membership as well as 3 FREE months of tanning. Sweet.
  3. The other members. Everyone was so friendly. Because Anytime Fitness is smaller than most other gyms, it seems like everyone knows everyone else. I love the atmosphere there.
I got my butt kicked at the gym last night. A trainer worked with me for an hour to show me a few new exercises to tone my muscles.

I felt like a big bowl of JELLO when I went home last night.

I felt like I had been hit by a train when I woke up this morning. I'm not complaining, though. It feels so good to be sore again.

It's amazing how exercise changes so much more than just my body. A great work-out gives me more energy throughout the day as well as a better attitude and frame of mind. It's been almost 6 months since my body has felt so refreshed...and I'm officially addicted to exercise again.

No comments: