Thursday, January 24, 2008

TODAY IS THE DAY!


Aaron and I are closing on our new home at 4:00 this afternoon. I've been counting down for about a month now...and I'm so glad the countdown is finally over! Please pray that closing goes well this afternoon.

Aaron, Courtney, and I went to Home Depot on Tuesday night to buy paint. And paint brushes. And drop cloths. And blue painter's tape. And disposable paint trays. And caulk. And some other stuff I can't remember.

$350 later, we walked out with 11 gallons of paint (and painting supplies) for the great room, dining room, kitchen, half bathroom, master bedroom, and closets. We're planning to paint all of those rooms this weekend.

Stop laughing. We're ambitious.

Honestly, I felt a little presumptuous buying paint 2 days before closing. The house isn't officially ours yet...and I won't believe it's ours until we're standing in it tonight.

My mom is coming this weekend to help us with, well, everything. She's so wonderful at entertaining guests at her own house...and she wants to come help us feed and entertain our friends while we work hard on the house all weekend. Who knows - maybe she'll even do some painting! My parents love to take care of other people and I feel so blessed to have their support during this crazy time.

My dad is staying at home to spend time with my brother this weekend. Bryn will be home from the Citadel until Sunday...so I'm sure they'll get to spend some good time together. I can't wait until my entire family can come together and stay with us!

The boys and I are off the ImaginOn for "picnic story time" today. Except we won't have a picnic during story time. We're going to Brixx for lunch - and I'm ordering a Caesar salad. Hopefully that won't remind Sam that he thinks Toby's new name is "Caesar."

1 comment:

Because of Love said...

It's so pretty! I will try not to be too jealous. j/k We have enough houses right now.