Tuesday, January 22, 2008

CAESAR!

Sam and Toby have changed so much since I first started watching them. Toby's getting bigger and smarter - and that changes lots of things:
  1. Sam and Toby actually play together now. Now that Toby is mobile, he and Sam love to chase each other around the house. It's the cutest thing ever. Between Sam's contagious belly laugh and Toby's excited screeches, I can't help but smile when I hear them play together.
  2. Toby gets in to a lot of stuff these days. Whether it's the stairs or the kitchen cabinets (or eating by himself), Toby is bound to make a mess wherever he goes.
  3. Toby wants to do everything his big brother does. If Sam goes down the slide, Toby wants to go too. If Sam wants to read a book to himself, Toby wants to read the same book. If Sam is drinking milk, Toby has to have some too. Sam has always been very patient with Toby...but now that he's into everything, Sam isn't so tolerant.
Last Thursday, as the boys were chasing each other around the dining room table, Sam began calling Toby "Caesar." No joke.

I have no clue where he heard the name "Caesar". I asked him where he learned that name and his static answer for every question prevailed. "My Brain!", he exclaimed. Of course. His 4-year-old brain.

Occasionally I'll take the boys to get pizza at Brixx in downtown Charlotte - and I always order a Caesar salad. Maybe he learned about Caesar at school. I have no idea. All I know is that when Sam screams "CAESAR! CAESAR!" at the top of his lungs, it cracks me up.

Sam is currently playing with a miniature pin-ball machine he got for his birthday last month. Toby is pounding on it with his fists. "This is NOT a drum, Toby!" says Sam. Ah, the joys of siblings!

No comments: