Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Habitat for Humanity Restore

After Toby and I dropped Sam off at school this morning, we went to the Habitat for Humanity Restore on Wendover Drive in Charlotte. It's kinda like a thrift store, but cooler. I first discovered this place a few months ago when Tonia and Sean took me there.


Here is a description of Restore that I jacked from their website: "The Habitat ReStore was opened in 1996 as a fundraising division of Habitat for Humanity Charlotte, supporting the mission to develop a community with people in need by building and renovating homes, so that people can live and grow into all that God intended. All of the merchandise is donated by individuals and corporations and then sold to the public. The profits are used to build Habitat homes."

Pretty sweet if you ask me.

Anyway, Toby and I walked around the store for a bit looking for hidden treasures to fix up and put into my new house (I love refinishing wood and fixing up old stuff). Restore had everything from furniture to tile to lighting fixtures to doors...and the list goes on and on. I didn't really see anything I had to have today, but I'm sure the inventory there changes quite a bit since new things are donated daily. Go by and check it out for yourself.

Oh...and make sure to stop in to Julia's Coffee Shop (located in the same building as Restore) to get a snack or an awesome drink (today I had a skim half-mocha half-white chocolate coffee!). All the proceeds from Julia's go right back to Habitat for Humanity to help build houses :)

No comments: