Friday, September 12, 2008

Your Votes Have Been Tallied...

This little photo contest has been fun!

Thanks to everyone who took time to vote for their favorite photos. We're going to have one photo contest each month, so come back soon to check out our next batch of creativity :)

Before the competition officially began on Tuesday, Aaron and I discussed how the "winner" would be chosen.

After much contemplation, we decided to take the top three photos, count the number of votes for each photographer, and turn it into a percentage. The photographer with the largest percent of votes in the top three wins (...and we should have put that in writing because now someone is trying to change his story...).

Here are the results:

1st place: photo 4 (Aaron) - 26 votes
2nd place: photo 6 (Allison) - 23 votes
3rd place: photo 3 (Allison) - 21 votes
4th place: photo 1 (Aaron) - 17 votes
5th place: photo 2 (Allison) - 13 votes
6th place: photo 5 (Aaron) - 2 votes

Allison's photos: 57 votes (56%)
Aaron's photos: 45 votes (44%)

As you can clearly see, the top three is composed of one of Aaron's photos and two of mine. I received 63% of the top three votes and Aaron received 37%. Best overall winner? That would be ME :)

I'll give you credit, Darling. I thought I would easily sweep the top three...but you gave me a run for my money. You get all the glory for having the "favorite" photograph (by a mere 3 votes)...but I'm still the "best overall photographer." Oh, yes I am.

As much junk as I talk about how much better I am at photography than you, we're actually pretty evenly matched (in this competition, anyway). I can't wait until the second round of the Fowler Family Photography Contest next month!

While we're on the topic of photography, I'll have you know that Aaron and I are going to Charleston this weekend to help Sean photograph a wedding. I'm Sean's second photographer and Aaron is, well, the assistant. I'm just sayin'... :)

I love you, Sweet Pea! Don't be grumpy because I won...

No comments: