Monday, September 22, 2008

The First Day of Fall

This evening, I went on a date with my handsome husband.

What could be better than sitting on a blanket at the Winthrop lake on a Monday evening after a long day at work?

We enjoyed a picnic dinner of hummus & pita chips, cheese, peperoni & crackers, almond butter & apple jelly sandwiches (on hamburger buns!), sweet tea from a Nalgene bottle, and fruit snacks.

We laughed at the crazy ducks and geese as they quacked and honked for some of our food.

We reminisced about our college days when we used to play soccer and climb trees a few feet from where we were sitting.

We watched the gorgeous sun drift beneath the trees on this first day of Fall.

I'm so thankful to have a husband who still chases after me even though he's already captured my heart :)

No comments: