Monday, March 31, 2008

You Wanna Get One?

Aaron loves Toby.

Toby doesn't really know what to think of Aaron.

About once a week when Toby and I are out running errands and Sam is at school, Aaron looks forward to me bringing Toby by our house or his work (wherever he happens to be at 11am that day). Aaron thinks everything about Toby is cute: the way he walks, the funny faces he makes, the way he pushes Aaron's fingers away when he pokes Toby's belly...

And then my husband asks the anticipated (and very predictable) question: "You wanna get one?" By "one" he means a baby. Like we can just go to the store and pick one out...

I know Aaron is just being cute, but I know he's somewhat serious at the same time. If I told him tomorrow that I was pregnant, he'd be so happy. Don't get me wrong, I'd be really happy too...but I'm also happy just being a Nanny 50 hours each week and watching our friends' kids when they need me to. I enjoy the quiet time Aaron and I have from 6pm to 7am on the weekdays. I enjoy sleeping on the weekends. I love spontaneously going out with our friends. I just got married, bought a new house, and still have lots to learn about myself and my husband before we start our own family.

Lord willing, Aaron and I will have our own children in a few years. But until then...I hope Aaron keeps asking if I "wanna get one." You're so cute, Baby!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi. I can't remember how I stumbled upon your blog but I read it every so often.

I too am recently married and have a hubby who would love to have a baby soon! :) I understand the sentiments completely.

You're wedding pictures are beautiful.