Thursday, March 13, 2008

Brothers

Sam and Toby have been doing so many cute things lately! Toby is finally old enough to play and interact with Sam...and it makes for some really sweet moments on a daily basis.
  • Toby insists on holding Sam's hand in the car. Right after I buckle them both into their car seats, I look back to see their hands clasped. It's so sweet!
  • The boys have lots of toys that play music. I sneak up on them sometimes just so I can watch them dance and squeal their little hearts out.
  • Sometimes Sam and Toby just walk around the house holding hands. They don't want to play with toys. They just want to hold hands and "asplore" (that's 'explore' for those of you who need to brush up on your kid words).
  • When the boys wake up in the morning, Toby usually starts crying because he wants someone to get him out of his crib. As soon as Toby starts crying, I hear Sam (through the baby monitor) trying to calm him. Sometimes Sam will play his piano horn for Toby. Sometimes he'll do a silly dance in front of Toby's crib. This morning Sam was doing a puppet show with his stuffed animals.
  • As we were driving home from the park today, Sam started singing the "Patty Cake" song. Toby grinned from ear to ear and did the hand motions with Sam.
Sam and Toby are such great brothers. Sam doesn't seem to mind that Toby wants everything Sam is playing with. Sam is great at sharing toys with Toby. Toby is sad when Sam is sad. Sam watches out for Toby. Toby wants to do everything Sam does.

It's wonderful to be a nanny for children who don't fight all the time (like my brother and I did when we were little). I know they're only 1 and 4, but I'm enjoying the love for now.

No comments: