Monday, July 7, 2008

Vacation

I have officially been on vacation since Friday afternoon. The Wallers left for Savannah, Georgia on Friday to visit Liz's parents and they won't return until this coming Thursday. I'm very thankful for the time I have off this week, but I have no idea what to do with myself for the next 4 days!

Aaron didn't have to be to work until 10:00 this morning, so we slept in. He left for work and I watched 2 episodes of ER. At noon, I went to Barnes and Noble in search of a new book to read (but was unsuccessful) and then came home to upload the pictures we took on our hiking trip this past weekend. As I was catching up on the last few days of my daily blogroll, my cell phone rang. A Georgia phone number popped up in the caller-ID.

"Hello?" I said, expecting that the person on the other end had dialed the wrong number.
"Hi, Mrs. Allison!" exclaimed my sweet little Sam.

Sam and I talked for 10 minutes about all of the fun activities he'd been doing on vacation and how much he missed me. I won't lie. It brought a tear to my eye to hear him say, "See, Mrs. Allison...I told you I wouldn't forget your name!" So sweet...

Our trip to Roan Mountain, Tennessee to hike the Appalachian Trail this past weekend was incredible. We captured lots of gorgeous photos (that don't even come close to capturing how beautiful the sights actually were) and I can't wait to share them with you. Aaron, Robert, and I made lots of memories (and have many stories to tell) that won't soon be forgotten. If I can figure out where to begin, I'll post the happenings of our eventful weekend later today.

Trust me. If I hadn't taken pictures, there's no way you would believe the stories I have to tell...

No comments: