Thursday, July 10, 2008

Inner Peaks

I spent the better part of this afternoon at Inner Peaks Climbing Center in Charlotte.

Aaron and I are going to Oregon with Sean at the end of August and he's planning to take us climbing at Mt. Thielsen. It's a bit of a difficult climb at the end, so Sean said he wouldn't take us there unless we practiced at the climbing gym and Crowder's Mountain first. Hence, my trip to Inner Peaks today.

We met our friend Mike and his son Trevor at the gym and climbed and bouldered until our hands didn't work any more. I did pretty well and had a wonderful last day of vacation. I'm still not sure if I'll have enough guts to scramble to the summit of Mt. Thielsen. We'll just have to wait and see...

We nailed down the final itinerary for the Oregon trip and have officially started the countdown: 44 days and counting :)

No comments: