Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

As you all know, I'm a reality TV junkie. I was excited to learn today that one of my favorite shows of all-time, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, is coming to Charlotte soon!

I love Extreme Makeover: Home Edition for so many reasons. I love that the community comes together to help a family in need. I love that the designers take time to get to know each member of the family in order to make their house a home. I love the excellence with which the home is completed in just a few days. I love that the family gets to go on an incredible vacation while the home of their dreams is being built. I love the spirit of shear excitement and astonisment that comes from such a huge amount of generosity. I. LOVE. IT.

Ty Pennington will be in Charlotte, NC on July 28th to notify the selected family of their home makeover on Monday, July 28th. You can read more about the show's upcoming visit to Charlotte here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome!! I LOVE that show!! If I weren't going to be in the mountains, volunteering sounds like it'd be fun!