Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ahhhhh...

That's the sound of me being refreshed and refocused after a long, relaxing weekend spent in Charleston with my family! I'm so refreshed, in fact, that I've had a hard time jumping back on the blogging bandwagon this week.

Anywho, I'm baaaaaack...and have lots to share!

I haven't updated much on the boys lately, so here's what's going on with them:
  • Toby has been officially potty-trained since our little "potty party" almost 6 weeks ago! Who knew it would be so easy (knock on wood)?!
  • Sam had his last day of preschool yesterday! He'll start kindergarten in the fall and neither Liz nor I are ready for that. Heck...we had a hard time processing Sam's last day of preschool. How in the world will me make it through his first day of Kindergarten?! Oh, boy...I need to change the subject...
  • The boys got the movie Toy Story a few weeks ago and it's all we've been watching during TV time. I love that movie, but it might have to mysteriously disappear for a while if they ask to watch it again (just kidding...sort of...).

In other news, Aaron and I had a fabulous time at my best friend's wedding in Charleston this past Memorial Day weekend. I had the honor of standing next to Rebecca (in my favorite color blue, nonetheless!) as she married her best friend on Saturday. We partied like rockstars and danced like fools at the reception (photos coming soon!) and have lots of memories to look back on forever :) Thanks for inviting us to be a part of your special day, Beccaboo! We love you and Ryan!

And, to round out this smorgishboard of a blog post, may I present to you my 4 favorite photos from my marathon weekend of photography (from 2 weeks ago):

1-year-old twins, Abbey & Sadie and their 4-year-old brother, Jake. Most photographers would label this photograph a "failure." I, however, think it's hilarious and super-cute. I did end up getting some group photos with no tears (click here to see them), but I still like this one better :)

5-month-old Gracen with her generous, coffee-providing, super-sweet Mommy and Daddy. Little Miss G still has the most fabulous baby hair I've ever photographed...and I hope it stays that way for a looooong time :) Don't you just want to kiss all over that cute little face?!

Beautiful, icy blue-eyed, 1-year-old Miss Katy. Enough said :)

And, as if you had any doubt she would work the camera yet again, here's Katy's 5-year-old big sister, Natalie. So dramatic. So modelesque. So...FABULOUS! Will someone please book this child as a model?!

So...there you have it, folks. You're all caught up! I'm looking forward to starting Summer activities with the boys (going to the pool, the zoo, the park, etc.) and I'll be sure to take lots of photos to share with you!

No comments: