Friday, May 15, 2009

Strawberries!

I feel like most of my recent blogs have contained LOTS of photos...and I'm okay with that! I didn't think you'd mind, either :)

Last weekend, Aaron and I had the pleasure of keeping our friends Cooper and Asher at our house while their mommy and daddy had a weekend to themselves! I can't tell you how blessed we feel to have such wonderful friends like Tonia and Sean. Their boys put a sparkle in our eyes and we love them to pieces!

As a fun activity on Saturday afternoon, we decided to take the boys to our favorite park in Fort Mill...and then to the Springs Strawberry Farm down the street from our house!

Here are a few photos of our fun-filled day (and PLEASE excuse the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad 3pm lighting!):

(Below): Here's a funny little sequence for you:

Picking

Looking

Tasting

Stuffing

INHALING!

I'm SO GLAD there was not a "choking" picture at the end of that! Ha! Oh...and just in case you were wondering...Asher contributed not one strawberry to either of our buckets. He ate every single one he picked!

And, in case you didn't know, most 5-year-old boys (ahem, SAM) despise my camera. I tried to get some photos of Cooper! I really did! But...he wasn't having it. So...I snuck this photo of Cooper as he snacked on a strawberry from the bucket.

Can you tell that Asher wasn't excited about leaving the strawberry patch? I LOVE his grumpy faces :)

When we got home, Aaron and I washed and cut the strawberries while we watched the boys play with Aaron's old G.I. Joe and Ninja Turtle figurines. Does it surprise you that my husband has 20-year-old toys from his childhood sitting around our house? I didn't think so.

And this...

...was how Aaron and I ended our Saturday :) I couldn't think of a better way to reward ourselves after a long, hot, sweaty, (strawberry) juicy, FUN day of parenting!

1 comment:

Tonia said...

I'm laughing out loud and crying at the same time. What fabulous photos - what great memories. Thank you for being such a dear friend, and just my good fortune you're such an incredible talent as well. Love to you and Aaron!