Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Please Excuse Me...

...but I need to rant and rave for a moment before I blow a gasket.

I've recently gotten back into taking photos on film (with a really cool "fisheye" camera that Hannah's Mommy gave me for my birthday). Film has been around for a LONG time and I assumed that taking my film to a drugstore would be not only cheap but fool-proof. Well...you know what happens when you assume...

I went by the drug store (that shall remain nameless) to pick up my roll of processed film and CD of scanned negatives and was appauled by what I found in my package.

I dropped off a 24-exposure roll of black and white film. There were only 14 negatives in my envelope. Of course there was no one at the photo counter for me to confront at the time...so I took my (14 out of 24) negatives, CD of scanned images, and receipt and left the store hoping that ALL of my images would be on the CD. No such luck.

When I put the CD into the computer, this is the first image that popped up:

Ummm...NO.

There are several things wrong with this photo: a) it's upside down, b) it's scanned into the computer backwards, and c) it's not framed correctly. Those would be some pretty cool photos...IF SOME MORON HADN'T CUT THEM THE NEGATIVES IN HALF AND SCANNED THEM WRONG! Uhhhhhh!!!

(Just in case you were wondering, this is what a fisheye photo SHOULD look like:

Much better, huh?)

Did I mention that I even left specific intructions on the package noting that, yes, the frames would be ROUND but that was normal...and, no, I didn't want any special treatment to the negatives (like CUTTING THEM IN HALF)?

That's enough ranting for today...but you can bet that I still have a bone to pick with the photo technician at the drugstore-that-shall-remain-nameless...and I WILL be getting my money back.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Wow, that's a shame.

Amanda said...

That is miserable! I hope you find a new film developer that you can trust!

PS - We both went to Winthrop and I don't know if you remember me...or quite frankly, at this point, I don't even know if we knew each other at all because we're friends on Facebook and I might just think I knew you then because of that...haha...none of that even makes sense! If you followed any of that - great, if not...just ignore it! ha! :)