Thursday, April 9, 2009

Opening Day!

The boys and I went to the Opening Day game at the Charlotte Knights stadium today!

Sam and Toby wore their Cubs jerzees and looked super-cute. I brought my camera with every intention of taking lots and lots of great photos, but I didn't anticipate every elementary and middle school child in the Fort Mill area attending the game, too :-/ Do you know how hard it was for me keep Sam and Toby from getting trampled on by teenage boys stuffing hotdogs into their mouths and teenage girls singing Hannah Montana and High School Musical songs? It was complete madness, let me tell you.

Here are a few highlights from our day at the ballpark:
  • The Knights' mascot is a dragon named Homer (and his girlfriend's name is Caroline). When Toby saw Homer and Caroline on the field, he latched on to my arm and said, "I don't wike da dwagons, Sassin! I don't WIKE dem!" I promised that I wouldn't let them get him and he eventually loosened up and had lots of fun.

  • Two minutes after we sat down in our (awesome) seats, Sam said, "Mrs. Allison, when are we going to take a break from sitting in the sun?"

  • Sam and Toby sang "Take Me Out to the Ballgame"...27 times. Instead of singing, "Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks...", Sam sang, "Buy me some peanuts and Apple Jacks..."

  • And this moment, captured right before we left to go home in the middle of the 5th inning (thank you, iPhone):

Both boys are currently fast asleep and worn out from a fun day at the ballpark :)

No comments: