Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's About Time!

Last May was the first opportunity I had to see my brother (who attends The Citadel military college) march in a parade at school.

What made that particular parade more special than any other during the year was that it was the Graduation Parade honoring the 2008 Senior class and my brother had just completed Recognition Day a few days before. All of the cadets were in full dress (you know - grey pants, white shirt, jacket with tails, and a BIG, rediculous black hat with feathers on it) and they looked SHARP!

After 10 months of trying to "unzip" the photos from my brother's girlfriend's thumb drive, I finally got them off and decided that it was time to edit them.

I LOVE these photos. They're not the best photos I've ever taken, but they're very special because they never let me forget how hard my brother works and how proud we are of him.

My Mom took the photo above a few days before the Graduation Parade (on Recognition Day). I think I know who I got my gift of photography from :) Bryn is on the far left in the front row.






Aaron, Hobbes, and I are going home to Charleston this weekend and we're so excited to see my family. I have a few photo shoots lined up while we're there and I can't wait to share them with you when we return!

2 comments:

Palmetto Teacher said...

I love that last one of you two! You are both smiling and you both look so happy :)

Allison said...

Thank you! It's hard to be around my brother without smiling the entire time :) He's one of the funniest people I know...and I'm SO proud of him!