Friday, March 20, 2009

Red Birdie

Today is the first day of SPRING! Yippee!

One of my favorite parts of Spring (besides the 70 degree weather!) is when the birds come out to sing and fly around. The boys and I love to go to the park and see how many different kinds of birds we can find.

I have lots of fond memories of my childhood, but one of my absolute favorites involves those cute little "red birdies" we've seen flying around a lot lately.

When my brother and I were little, we lived in a house with a huge picture window in the living room that overlooked our big, beautiful yard. He and I used to sit there for hours while we watched the birds play and listened to them sing. Every time Bryn saw a Cardinal out the window, he would point and scream, "My red birdie! My red birdie!"

Bryn honestly thought every time he saw a Cardinal at our house or around town that it was the same bird. Any time anyone in the family would see a Cardinal, we'd say, "Look, Bryn! It's your red birdie!" It made him so happy :)

Eighteen years later, I still think of my brother every single time I see a Cardinal fly by. I can't help but smile and think to myself: Look, Bryn! It's your red birdie!

No comments: