Monday, February 23, 2009

Busy Saturday

Oh. My. Goodness.

This past Saturday was crazy.

I completed 3 photo shoots before 3pm (and survived to tell about it)! Photography is very fun, but also very mentally and physically draining for me.

I'm not a "pose and shoot" kind of photographer. I think kids photograph best when they're comfortable...and they're most comfortable in their own environment doing what comes naturally to them.

Before I even take out my camera on a photo shoot, I get to know the child by talking with her, asking about her favorite things, and playing with her. Once she's comfortable with me, she lets me into her world and I'm able to capture her true personality in each photograph. This process is one of my favorite parts of photographing children.

I can't wait to blog this week. Here's what's on the agenda:
  • Sweet sisters: Natalie (5 years) and Katy (10 months)
  • Beautiful Miss Gracen (2 months)
  • The BIG REVEAL of one of my favorite little monkeys of all time (the one I told you about here)

Check back soon for some super cute photos of Natalie and Catie!

No comments: