Thursday, January 15, 2009

Tragedy at The Citadel

I am deeply disturbed this morning.

As you know, my brother attends The Citadel military college in Charleston, SC. At 9 o'clock last night, Bryn called my parents to tell them that a Junior in his company had been found dead in the barracks. All signs point to suicide.

I talked to Bryn for a while last night and he's having a hard time processing everything that happened. Out of respect for the cadet's family and The Citadel, I don't want to reveal any of the details my brother shared with me until we know exactly what happened.

Please keep the Citadel Cadets (specifically the men of November Company) in your prayers. Pray for peace of mind, comfort, healing, rest, and support for the cadets. I can't imagine how difficult the next few days and weeks will be for each of them.

1 comment:

Palmetto Teacher said...

Wow. I am so sorry to hear that. I will definitely keep them in my thoughts & prayers.