Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Just for You, Mama...

Although I meant to blog sometime during the past week, it never happened. Here is what has been keeping me busy lately:

  • The Boys. Our "snow day" last Tuesday was lots of fun...until my SmartWool socks failed to keep my feet warm inside my uninsulated rain/snow boots. I think I got a small taste of what frostbite might feel like. Seriously. Here are a few photos from our fun morning outside:


  • Our Fabulous New iPhones! Being the technologically savvy man (i.e. GEEK) he his, Aaron has wanted an iPhone since the day they came out. We had been having problems with Sprint and were able to get out of our service contract with no "early termination fees," so we decided to switch to AT&T and get refurbished iPhones. Aaron had to do quite a bit of talking, but he finally made me see how the numerous benefits of the iPhone could change our lives forever (a little dramatic, I know...). I'm still learning about my iPhone, but I'm pretty sure Aaron has every detail of his figured out. I love that I can check my e-mail, text, listen to music, check the weather, read the Bible, take photos, check my calendar, use a GPS, keep a running grocery list, and SO much more...all thanks to the iPhone. How did I ever live without it?

  • A Sinus Infection. Oh, the joys of working with children :) I went to the doctor on Saturday and he told me that the stabbing pain in my ears, sore throat, and stuffy head was the result of a sinus infection that had been brewing for weeks. Ewww. He gave me a Z-Pak and sent me on my way. I'm feeling much better now.

  • Working Out. I found this awesome website that has helped me revamp my workout routine and burn off most of the holiday goodies I enjoyed over the past few months. Freedieting.com has dozens of calculators that help you figure out your daily caloric needs, body fat percentage, ideal body weight, target heart rate, and so much more. This is the workout I've been doing for the past 3 weeks...and I started seeing results after the first few days. Between counting calories and sticking to a structured work-out plan, I've managed to lose 4 percent body fat and gain a few pounds of solid muscle. You can do it, too!

No comments: