Thursday, December 4, 2008

When It Rains, It Pours

Isn't it so true? When one thing goes wrong, new problems seem to come out of the woodwork and fall in one right behind the other. It's been that way over the past few weeks for Aaron and me.

My car has been having problems for the past few weeks. It still runs, but not very smoothly. We had it tested at AutoZone and found out that either two oxygen sensors are bad (a problem that Aaron can easily fix) or the mass air flow sensor is bad (a problem that will take big money to fix). When we have time, we'll take it to a shop and have the exact problem diagnosed. In the meantime, Aaron and I have switched cars (he only drives 5 miles each day).

Aaron has been sick for more than a week with congestion and a crazy cough. No matter how much NyQuil he takes, his cough intensifies at night and neither of us gets much sleep. It's not easy for either of us to do our best at work if we're tired and cranky.

Hobbes is sick with what we think is a urinary tract infection. He has always been the most laid-back, easygoing cat...but for the past two days he has been in a lot of pain, unable to use the litter box, and extremely grumpy. Hobbes has never been sick before, so I called my mom in tears this morning, hoping that she would be able to comfort me from 300 miles away. She has three cats of her own, so she knows how it feels to drop one of your animals off in a strange place with strange people. I got teary-eyed when I handed Hobbes over to the Vet and she assured me they would take good care of him. We're still waiting to hear exactly what's wrong with him.

When trying times like these overwhelm me, all I can do is look to the Lord and trust Him to take care of me and my family. Thank you, Lord, for taking care of us.

"Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always."
-- 1 Chronicles 16:11

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have a rule that if something breaks in one of our vehicles, if it's something we can live with we leave it broke because the second we fix it, somehting else will break. And odds are that something else will be something worse!