Saturday, December 6, 2008

Rock-A-Bye Baby

Rocking babies to sleep is one of my favorite activities.

There's nothing like that little head lying on my chest and those tiny hands clinging to my arms as we rock back and forth, back and forth, back and forth. So peaceful. So relaxing. So safe.

Toby doesn't need me to rock him anymore. Soon, Asher won't need me to rock him anymore, either.

I often find myself anticipating the next big step or accomplishment in the lives of the many children in my life.

Tonight, as I rocked Asher to sleep, I was reminded that always anticipating the future causes me to miss out on the present.

Live for today. Enjoy what's in front of you. Invest time in meaningful relationships today and stop putting it off until tomorrow. Rock a baby to sleep because one day he'll be bigger than you :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Live for today. Enjoy what's in front of you. Invest time in meaningful relationships today and stop putting it off until tomorrow. Rock a baby to sleep because one day he'll be bigger than you.

Awesome Allison!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for loving my boys, Allison. You are a beautiful, kind, and glorious blessing in their lives.