Monday, December 29, 2008

No Jink!

I really missed the boys over Christmas break! Aaron pointed out a few days ago that I talk about them all the time - but especially when I'm on vacation :)

Monday is a bath day for the boys and also the day I do their laundry. While they're playing with millions of bath toys in the tub, I take advantage of the fact that they are both entertained and contained to a 2-foot-by-4 foot space by folding and putting away their laundry.

While I was in the hallway outside the bathroom putting the boys' shirts on hangers, I heard Toby start to cough.

Toby: (coughing) Sa-ssin? (The newest form of "Mrs. Allison" - although "Sin" is still used quite often...)
Me: Yes, Toby?
Toby: No jink! (No drink!)
Me: Did you drink some bath water?
Toby: (long pause...) Ummmmmmm. Yes.
Me: Are you supposed to drink bath water?
Toby: No! Yucky!
Me: That's right. Please don't drink any more bath water, okay?
Toby: Okay.
---- 2 minutes later ----
Toby: (coughing) Sa-ssin?
Me: Yes, Toby?
Toby: No jink! No jink!

Ugh. If he only understood how gross that water is...

No comments: