Thursday, October 2, 2008

Do What You Love

I've had lots of fun being creative lately.

Between entertaining and teaching two boys, practicing photography, learning how to use a new photo-editing program, and baking, I've had lots of opportunities to let my creativity run wild.

We're in the midst of wedding season, and there's waaaaaaay too much work to be done. In an effort to learn more about the photography business than just taking photos (and to take some work off Sean's plate), I conquered the task of making an iPhoto book for one of his clients earlier this week.

Patricia and Chris (who are old high school friends of mine) got married in May and they hired Sean to photograph their wedding. Included in the package they chose was a free softcover iPhoto book. All of the photos (even the background pictures) were taken by either Sean or myself. This is the slideshow version (for some reason, Blogger will only let me upload 1 minute of it...but you'll get the idea of what the book should look like):

The book will be professionally printed by Apple and sent directly to Patricia and Chris in Charleston. iPhoto books make great gifts for the holidays! Check out all of the different iPhoto print products here.

As far as creativity with Sam and Toby goes, we're planning to do lots of fun, seasonal crafts in the next few months! We'll paint pumpkins, color pictures, make Christmas ornaments, and find lots of other fun arts and crafts activities at Michael's (one of my favorite stores of all-time).

After I made a Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheescake for Aaron's Supervisor's birthday last week, his co-workers began to inquire about how much I charge for my cakes.

What? Get paid to bake??? What a wonderful idea...

Tonight, I will bake a White Chocolate Cake with Strawberry Filling for one of Aaron's co-workers to take to a party tomorrow and she will pay me for my time and effort.

It's marvelous to be a Nanny, a baker, and a photographer. It's even more marvolous that I get paid for all three and have many different ways to let my creativity flourish :)

I encourage you to do what you love. There's no feeling in the world like knowing you're purposefully accomplishing what the Lord has put you on this Earth to do each day.

No comments: