Monday, December 24, 2007

T'was the Night Before Christmas...

House hunting on Wednesday went well. Really well. We think we've found the house we want to buy! Aaron and I are hoping to make a decision by the end of this week. We'll keep you posted!

Aaron and I had a great weekend with my family! My parents, Bryn, and Tiffany came to stay with us in our two-bedroom, 1000 square foot apartment. I had no clue how we'd make it work, but we did!

One of my favorite parts of the weekend was cooking dinner with my mom on Saturday night. They brought 10 pounds of fresh shrimp from Charleston and we made my mom's famous shrimp and rice. At one point I got a little frustrated because our kitchen is so tiny. There was nowhere to put all of the food and we kept running into each other. My mom reminded me that sometimes the fun part of stuff is working with what you have. Thanks, Mama!

On Sunday we went to Christmas @ Cricket! Elevation Church and Newbirth Charlotte joined together for an incredible sevice at Cricket Arena. Aaron ran the computer and sound for the E-kids production in Ovens Auditorium and they ended up having over 500 children in attendance! Over 5,000 people attended the main service! It was an awesome day...

Aaron and I arrived in Simpsonville last night to spend a few days with his family. We brought Hobbes with us and he spent the first 24 hours hiding behind the couch in the TV room. He has just decided to come out in the past 20 minutes. Hopefully he'll eat some food and be a little more playful for the rest of our visit.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas tomorrow! Remember what the day is really about...not presents or food or Santa...but Jesus and miracle of His birth.

No comments: