Monday, December 10, 2007

Day 2 with the half-dozen:

Day 2 of babysitting the half-dozen was a bit more difficult than day 1...mainly because Aaron was there. The mood is different when he's around. He doesn't purposely make it more difficult, but the kids seemed to go bonkers when he's around. Go figure.

Aaron and I took the kids to Elevation this morning. They went to E-kids while we went to the service together. He and I hardly ever get to sit together or go to the same service anymore because of our crazy volunteer schedules, so it was nice to be with him. It sorta felt like we were on a date :)

After church, Aaron helped me get the kids to the car. As we were trekking across the parking lot, I said to Aaron, "I feel like the Hubatkas right now!"

"Who are the Hubatkas?" Matthew (the ll-year-old) asked.

"They're good friends of ours who have lots of kids," Aaron said. "They have 4 girls."

"That's not a lot!" retorted Bradley (the 5-year-old). "We have 6 kids!"

Aaron and I laughed.

All in all, we had a great weekend with the munchkins. I loved watching Aaron with them and it makes me look forward to being a mommy to our babies (sometime in the distant future!). Mary Beth and Kurt are going away again in March...and I hope they'll invite us over for another weekend :)

1 comment:

Marybeth Whalen said...

Allison-- get it on your calendar girl!! Ü

Also, did you leave a black zip up vest/sweater thingy here?

And finally, THANK YOU for taking such wonderful care of our kids-- I don't even think Annaliese was that happy to see us! Which is actually good. She told me today, "Awison my fwiend."

Thanks for being such a good friend to her... and to all of our half dozen!

PS. I added your blog to my Elevation/Momtourage blogroll on my blog. Fun!