Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Buying Our First Christmas Tree!

Aaron and I bought our first Christmas tree last night! We've been so excited about having our own tree and the wonderful smell that comes along with it. I met him at the tree lot in Rock Hill last night after work and I'm pretty sure I had a goofy grin on my face the entire time. We had so much fun! Since we don't have a lot of room in our apartment (and we didn't want to spend a ton of money on a tree we'll throw out in a few weeks), he and I decided that we'd get a "Charlie Brown" Christmas tree this year...and it's the cutest tree I've ever seen!

After we purchased our tree, put it in the back of Aaron's 4-Runner (yes, the entire tree fit inside his truck), we went to Target to buy our first Christmas tree ornaments! Target always makes me happy, but Target at Christmas time is the best. My favorite color has always been blue...and I've always wanted a blue and silver Christmas tree. Aaron helped me pick out the most beautiful ornaments in the most beautiful shades of blue (he's so good at that stuff!). Next we got some white lights (Aaron's only requirement for our tree), a tree stand, a tree skirt, and some ribbon to wrap around the tree (his parents' tradition). We couldn't find ornament hooks anywhere...so we went to Michael's craft store and CVS to get some...but they didn't have any, either. I can always count on Walgreens, however, to come to my rescue. By the time we got home, put the tree in the stand, "discussed" where we would put the tree (my choice won!), and rearranged the furniture, neither of us felt like decorating. Plus, Aaron left his stellar collection of Christmas music at work...and we can't decorate our first Christmas tree without Christmas music! So tonight after work we're going to decorate...and I'm so excited! I'll be sure to post a picture with tomorrow's blog :)

When Aaron and I woke up this morning, we walked into the living room to look at our tree...and saw a BIG mess courtesy of Hobbes. He must have stayed up all night playing with the tree limbs because a bazillion Christmas tree needles were strewn EVERYWHERE. He even had them stuck to his little pink nose! I told Aaron to look at the bright side: at least the tree was still standing! "Yeah, he replied. "It's still standing, but the tree will be completely bald by next week if Hobbes doesn't leave it alone!" Hmmm...this is very true. Hopefully we still have an upright tree with needles attached when we get home to decorate it tonight. I have a feeling we'll be facing a new battle when we actually get ornaments on the tree. I'll keep you posted.

I hope everyone's getting into the Christmas spirit! Only 13 more days!

No comments: