Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Hobbes the Troublemaker

Aaron and I have a cat named Hobbes (you know, like Calvin & Hobbes; Aaron is Calvin and Hobbes is, well, Hobbes). He's a long-haired orange tabby and is just over a year old. He has brought so much happiness and laughter to us and we love him like he's our child. He has so much personality, is incredibly loving, and usually well-behaved.

(this is Hobbes at Christmas last year)

Recently, however, he has started getting into trouble during the day while Aaron and I are away at work. About a week ago, I came home to our fresh flowers (thanks, Jess and Ben!) dumped onto the floor along with the water and vase. The next day, Aaron came home to two overturned glasses of water on the coffee table (I've actually witnessed him put his ENTIRE head inside of a glass in an attempt to drink water out of it...even though he had plenty of water in his water dish). The next morning, I caught Hobbes on the kitchen counter (I'd never actually seen him up there before) and before I could swat at him, he scampered off and took Aaron's "Tree Man" with him. It crashed into 10 pieces. Aaron's "Tree Man" is special to him because it's an incense burner we bought from the Renaissance Festival last year. I must admit, it was pretty cool-looking. Anyway, we disciplined Hobbes after each incident, but he's still being rebellious. I hope I don't go home to a broken candy dish or ripped up paper today. I guess we should be more careful about what we leave on the tables and counters. Maybe Hobbes should be more careful about what his little paws get him into when he's home alone...

Sam and Toby are going Trick-or-Treating tonight...and they're gonna be "Friendly Dragons" (as Sam calls them). Here's a picture:

No comments: