Monday, October 29, 2007

DOMINATE!

Wow. What a weekend! Let me just begin by saying that Aaron and I love Elevation Church tremendously and feel so blessed that we have the opportunity to give to the Dominate campaign. For those of you who don't know what it is, click on the link and check out the details. Last night was the leadership commitment service at Butler High School...and let me tell you...God was there and it was INTENSE. As a newly married couple, Aaron and I have really contemplated and wrestled with God about what we should give to this capital campaign for the next 2 years (above the 10 percent of our incomes we already tithe to Elevation each month). Aaron's faith always seems to be greater than mine...and when I threw out the dollar amount I felt God putting on my heart, he challenged us by increasing the amount by 25 percent. We have all of these dreams of paying off credit cards, buying a house, moving to Charlotte, and traveling (among many other things) but we know that God has called us to be generous with what He has given us. My prayer is that Aaron and I can always keep our hands open to God...because all we have is His anyway. As easy as it is to say all of the wonderful things about being generous with our time and money, I'm sure it will still be hard sometimes to give it away without thinking about where else that money could be used. I truly believe that if we are faithful with what God has given us, He will multiply our sacrifices and return them to us many times over. God will always provide for us. I'm comforted when I think about how many lives God has changed because of Elevation Church...and I'm POSITIVE that our money will be used to grow His kingdom. Thank you, Lord, for challenging Aaron and me as husband and wife and for Aaron being the leader you've called him to be. I pray for my husband as he continues to lead us each day down the path You've made for us. Help us to keep our hands and hearts open to You.

"Enlarge the place of your tent, stretch you tent curtain wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes. For you will spread out to the right and to the left; your descendants will dispossess nations and settle in their desolate cities. Do not be afraid; you will not suffer shame. Do not fear disgrace; you will not be humiliated. -- Isaiah 54:2-4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how God continues to stretch us farther when we don't think it is even possible! I am blown away by this campaign as well. It has pushed William and I in so many ways. I encourage you to view this not just as your tipping point, but the beginning point of a financial life that is completely open to Him. It still feels scary, but yet I feel so free and enriched today in a new way. Love ya girl- Kerri