Thursday, October 25, 2007

Picnic Storytime

So today I took the boys to ImaginOn for "picnic storytime." If you haven't been, ImaginOn is the coolest kids' library I've ever seen. They have thousands of children's books, dozens of computers, a round room built especially for story time, a beautiful theater built for the community to enjoy plays, and many other neat things to explore. Check it out sometime. Your kids will LOVE it. And it's FREE.

Anyway..."picnic storytime" is geared towards 3-5 year olds (although there are always a few younger siblings there, too). There were lots of kids at story time today...14, I think. A story-teller from the library brings lots of cute books and music for the kids to enjoy. The kids can bring their lunch and eat while they listen to stories. Great idea, huh? Well, today the story-teller read a book called "What Do You See?" As soon as Sam saw the book, he yelled, "HEY! I used to read that book at my old school!" A little embarrassed, I lean in and tell him to listen. As the librarian began to read, Sam knew the answer to every question before she even asked it. He would yell, "CAT!" before she could turn the page to reveal a black cat on the next page. "PIG! DOG! COW!" he continued. Everyone thought he was the cutest kid ever. And I'm glad they thought he was cute instead of annoying.

Toby is napping and Sam is having "Sam time" right now. That's what we call his after-lunch time on Tuesdays and Thursdays so Ms. Allison can have a break and Sam can have an opportunity to fall asleep if he feels the need. It's very quiet in the other room. I should go see what he's doing.

3 comments:

Muggy Maggy said...

You are too cute Allison! I saw your updated status on FB and decided to check your blog out. So now when I am bored at work I will probably read about you life :) Hope to see you soon at the Museum!

Laura said...

Allison,

I am so glad you are blogging now :o) Welcome to the blog world. I just started writing in mine again recently after not writing in it since Jan. I will add you to my list so I can read your exciting updates :o)

Love,

Laura

Because of Love said...

Cute blog. I love the title!!!!! I will be reading.